These cheesy lasagna rolls are topped with a super quick and easy meat sauce. They’re perfect comfort food for a crowd, or if you want leftovers all week!
Happy weekend, friends! This weekend is the best weekend, because yesterday I got the best Christmas present ever. I got my hubby back after an almost 4 month deployment! Hooray!
The mutt and I are seriously happy. The cat? She’s not so sure yet. I think she liked having my snuggles all to herself. Three and a half months isn’t the longest time by military standards, and I did get to see Nick in October when I visited him on a port call in Chile. BUT it still felt pretty darn long. And I’m so glad we get to have Christmas together!
All the cheesy I’ll be Home for Christmas and All I Want for Christmas is You songs were oh so appropriate this year. I’ve been listening to Christmas music since before Thanksgiving this year and I was sooo ready.
Needless to say, for the past 4 months my fridge has been pretty bare. I don’t cook a ton when Nick isn’t home, and I live on cereal and egg sandwiches. I wanted to have something in the fridge for him when he got home, something that’s easy to reheat that he could grab for lunch all week.
I remembered how much I loved having these Pumpkin and Spinach Lasagna Rolls in the fridge last month. You can’t go wrong with comfort food. Especially after 4 months of boat food. Apparently they even ran out of vegetables a few weeks ago! Eek.
While pumpkin is not necessarily Nick’s #1 favorite, a hearty meat marinara sauce certainly is. I took the cheesy lasagna rolls and covered them in a really quick and easy meat sauce instead! And they came out amazing. If you’re looking for us around lunchtime this week, we’ll be stuffing our faces with these…
- 1 lb lasagna noodles
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (24 oz) jar marinara sauce
- 1 (14.5) oz can diced tomatoes
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- 30 oz ricotta cheese
- 10 oz pkg chopped frozen spinach, defrosted and squeezed dry
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 8 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Boil lasagna noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, cook ground beef in a large saute pan over medium-high heat, crumbling it up, until browned and cooked through. Drain excess grease, then return to stove and add marinara sauce, diced tomatoes and red pepper flake. Bring to a simmer, stirring, and cook 3 minutes to incorporate flavors. Remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl, combine ricotta, spinach, Parmesan and eggs. Season with salt & pepper and stir until well combined.
- Spread a thin layer of the meat sauce in the bottom of a large baking dish or two (I used one 8-inch square pan and one 9 x 13 inch pan).
- Spread a thin layer of ricotta mixture along each lasagna noodle. Starting at one end, roll the ricotta-covered noodles up. Place rolls into the baking dishes.
- Cover rolls with remaining meat sauce, then sprinkle mozzarella cheese over top.
- Cover with tin foil and bake 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 10 minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbly.
If you love lasagna rolls, be sure to check out these Pumpkin & Spinach Lasagna Rolls too!
Nothing better, all time classic, Love it.
Gayle @ Pumpkin 'N Spice says
That’s so great that Nick is finally home! Just in time for the holidays! And these lasagna rolls look delicious, Jess! I love the spinach in here. What a perfect meal!
Rachel @ Bakerita says
These spinach lasagna rolls look SO delicious and I’m sure Nick LOVED them! So happy you got your hubby back for Christmas 🙂 hope you have a wonderful holiday!
Rachelle @ Beer Girl Cooks says
Welcome home, Nick! As a fellow Navy wife I get it. I’m sure Nick loved the lasagna rolls! Merry Christmas! So glad you have your sweetie back!
That’s so nice that your husband is home for Christmas — enjoy your holiday, Jess! And these lasagna rolls remind me that I need to try them! Can you believe I’ve never made lasagna rolls? Happening soon!
You’ve definitely got to try them! So easy and so yummy!