These Strawberry Milkshake Cookies are easy to make thanks to a secret shortcut– strawberry cake mix. Plus they’re cute and festive for Valentine’s Day or any pink party!
Well, it’s almost Valentine’s Day and that means stores are filling up with pink and red, hearts and kisses. And while I’m not big on the decorations, I do appreciate some fun and festive food!
These Strawberry Milkshake Cookies. They are different. For one thing, they are bright pink. That’s not usually my jam, but I’ll take it in the name of holiday spirit. These cookies are also super dee duper sweet! But guess what they taste like?
A STRAWBERRY MILKSHAKE!! Which just so happens to be my favorite. I don’t eat fast food often, but when I do I love a strawberry milkshake. And these cookies just feel nostaligic.
They are especially awesome with an ice cold glass of milk. It balances out the sweetness just perfectly.
The cookies are also really easy thanks to a nice shortcut– using boxed cake mix! You mix a box of strawberry cake mix with just a few other ingredients, add in some white chocolate chips, and voila! A perfect Valentine’s Day treat.
Any brand of strawberry cake mix should work. I’ve tried both the Pillsbury Moist Supreme (a bit pinker) and the Duncan Hines Perfectly Moist (a bit lighter colored) and they both work beautifully. If you want to switch it up and go for a chocolate-covered strawberry vibe you could use regular chocolate chips instead of the white chocolate.
If you’re looking for something cute for Valentine’s Day, or just something different than your average chocolate chip, you’ve definitely got to try these Strawberry Milkshake Cookies.
Whether you’ll be smooching your sweetie or trash-talking boys with your girlfriends, be sure to enjoy the holiday with some pink, red and CHOCOLATE! XOXO!
- 1 box strawberry cake mix
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup avocado (or vegetable) oil
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine all ingredients except the chocolate chips in a bowl and mix with an electric mixer until combined. Fold in chocolate chips by hand.
- Drop round (about 1 tablespoon) balls onto baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes exactly. (Any longer and they will start browning.)
- Cool a couple minutes on the pan and then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Note: Photos updated 1-23-24. Original photo below.
Check out these other festive Valentine’s Day recipes: