If you’re looking for a super flavorful and veggie-packed meal, these Shrimp Scampi Zoodles are quick and easy, and come together in less than 30 minutes!
Heyo! Ok, let’s back up for a hot second. How was everyone’s Thanksgivings!? Have you been eating leftovers for a week now and never want to look at turkey again? I’m raising my hand…
Thanksgiving was really great though. I started the morning with a turkey trot 5K, which made me feel a little bit better about the food I was about to faceplant in.
Then I had two… yes, two… Thanksgiving dinners. And I’m not even ashamed. The first was spent with Nick’s family, the second with some Navy friends (and the cutest little pup on the planet).
Hands down the winning recipe of the day was Spinach and Gruyere Pretzel Stuffing from Lauren Conrad (who even knew she was still around?!). My friend even made her own homemade pretzel buns for the stuffing. Uh yeah… yum.
So now that I’m completely turkey-ed out and never want to see another pie again (or at least– not until Christmas), I’m reaching for some healthier recipes.
I figure if I pack lots of veggies into to my weekday meals, I don’t have to feel bad about all the holiday parties and indulgences coming up. Right?
In my opinion, there’s no better way to sneak veggies into your meal than zoodles! Zucchini noodles. We’re kind of obsessed in our household. They’re so delish. And I’m always looking for new ways to fix them.
They’re also really quick to make. They cook up in just a couple minutes, faster than regular pasta.
Combine them with quick-cooking shrimp and you’ve got a speedy meal that’s perfect for 30 Minute Thursday! Which, by the way, is today! Who couldn’t use more 30-minute meals during this busy holiday season?
This is the vegetable spiralizer I have and love. It’s so easy to use and has a bunch of different size blades you can use. Definitely recommend it!
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 4 medium zucchini, spiralized
- 3 tbsp butter, divided
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 8 oz raw peeled and deveined shrimp, defrosted
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt & pepper
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- Fresh Parmesan cheese
- In a large saute pan over medium-high heat, heat 1 tbsp olive oil. Add the spiralized zucchini and cook, tossing frequently, until just barely tender, about 3 minutes. Transfer the zucchini to a colander over the sink so that the excess moisture can drain off.
- In the same pan, heat remaining olive oil and 2 tbsp butter over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook until garlic is fragrant and barely golden, about 2-3 minutes. Add shrimp and lemon juice to pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until shrimp are pink and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and melt in remaining butter. Return zoodles to the pan along with tomatoes, toss and cook until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and grate some fresh Parmesan cheese over top.
- Serve immediately with extra Parmesan and crusty bread for soaking up the sauce.
If you love zoodles as much as we do, be sure to check out these recipes too:
And don’t forget to check out these other 30 Minute Thursday Dishes!!
One Pot Lemon Thyme Chicken and Rice from Bake.Eat.Repeat.
Easy Baked Gnocchi with Tomatoes and Mozzarella from Floating Kitchen
Chicken Parmesan Meatballs with Easy Tomato Sauce from Kristine’s Kitchen
Creamy Lemon Spinach One-Pot Pasta from My Sequined Life
One-Pot Parmesan Risotto with Sausage and Kale from Whole and Heavenly Oven
Have a great weekend!!