These Mango Shrimp Tostadas are quick and easy, ready in less than 30 minutes. Crunchy tortillas are topped with smashed avocado, mango salsa and spicy shrimp!
Happy Cinco de Mayo! Are you celebrating tonight? If you forgot about it, but still want to celebrate, you’re in luck. Today is also Thirty Minute Thursday, so I have a super simple, fast and easy recipe for you.
I make shrimp tacos often because it’s easy to stock shrimp in your freezer and it defrosts and cooks up so quickly. I like to pair the shrimp with some kind of fruit salsa– I’ve done peach and strawberry, but my favorite is mango. Today I’m switching up the taco routine and stacking everything on top of crispy corn tortillas.
Both mangoes and avocados have been perfectly ripe around here lately, so this was the perfect time of year to make these. I love that the cool, creamy avocado pairs perfectly with the spicy shrimp and bit of sweetness from the mango salsa.
My very favorite part of this meal is how colorful it is! Perfect for celebrating Cinco de Mayo, don’t you think? So pretty!
- 6 corn tortillas
- Olive oil
- 1 lb medium raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- ½ tbsp cumin
- ½ tbsp oregano
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 large avocados
- 2 large mangoes, peeled and diced
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 medium jalapeno, seeded and minced
- Juice of half a lime
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lay corn tortillas on baking sheets and brush each side liberally with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt.
- Bake tortillas until crispy, about 10 minutes, flipping over once halfway through.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tsp olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the shrimp, chili powder, cumin, oregano and cayenne. Season with salt, to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally, until shrimp is cooked through, about 5-7 minutes.
- Peel avocado, remove pit, and smash in a bowl with a fork. Season to taste with salt.
- In another bowl, toss together mango, tomato, jalapeno and lime juice.
- To assemble tostadas: Layer crispy tortillas with smashed avocado, mango salsa and shrimp.
- Serve immediately.
If you’re interested in some more 30 Minute Thursday meals, check out these recipes from my blogger friends today. Lots of good Cinco de Mayo dishes!
- 30-Minute Inside Out Enchiladas with Black Beans & Sweet Potato from She Likes Food
- Chicken Taco Pizza from My Kitchen Craze
- Plantain and Black Bean Tacos with Chimichurri Sauce from Floating Kitchen
- 20 Minute Ground Beef Tacos from Bake.Eat.Repeat
- Fish Tacos with Strawberry Avocado Salsa from Flavor the Moments
- Southwestern Kale Chickpea Salad with Greek Yogurt Caesar Dressing
- Honey Lime Chicken Quesadillas from The Recipe Rebel
- Tropical Grilled Chicken Mexican Salad Bowls from Whole and Heavenly Oven
- Mexican Quinoa and Sweet Potato Skillet from Kristine’s Kitchen
- Balsamic Grilled Chicken with Strawberry Mint Salsa from With Salt and Wit
- Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Tacos from Savory Nothings