These mini loaves are packed with juicy raspberries and sweet chocolate chips. A secret ingredient– yogurt!– keeps the bread super moist and adds protein to fuel your morning!
Happy 2017 to all! It’s seriously crazy how fast this year has flown by. A year ago I was halfway through my pregnancy and that feels like a lifetime ago. A year ago Nick had just recently gotten home from a deployment. Now he is ready to head out again. (Sad face.) At the time, a year seemed so far away. But it went by in a flash. Somehow I have a 7.5 month old and I’m feeling like if I blink she’s going to be heading off to kindergarten.
2017 is going to be a tough one, as I navigate this parenting thing solo for most of the year. But we’re trying to fill our time with lots of fun things, friends and family. We have lots to be thankful for and I know this year will be lots of fun as the little one starts crawling, walking and talking.
For Christmas this year, Santa (errr— Grandma) brought me something that had been missing from my kitchen: mini loaf pans! I always wish I had them. I like to share my baked treats, but sending off a half-eaten loaf of bread seems kind of chintzy. So the mini pans are great. One for me, two for friends!
Though I’m not cooking or baking too much these busy, busy days, I couldn’t wait to try out my mini pans! I settled on yogurt bread because lately I’m finding myself with an oversupply of boring, plain yogurt. It’s one of Molly’s favorite foods but it only seems to come in huge containers and she isn’t housing that much yet. This Raspberry Chocolate Chip Yogurt Bread was the perfect use for all my extra yogurt. The yogurt adds lots of delicious moisture, plus some extra protein and calcium.
I love the combination of raspberries and chocolate but you could use any combination of berries or chips. Blueberries would be yummy too!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1¼ cups plain yogurt
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- ½ tsp almond extract
- ¾ cup raspberries, fresh or frozen
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375. Grease 3 mini loaf pans (5½ x 3-inch) and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar, yogurt, butter and almond extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir until just combined.
- Gently stir in raspberries and chocolate chips.
- Divide the batter evenly between the 3 loaf pans.
- Bake 30-35 minutes, until tops are golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Cool in the pans 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.