These Mango Shrimp Tostadas are quick and easy, ready in less than 30 minutes. Crunchy tortillas are topped with smashed avocado, mango salsa and spicy shrimp!
Happy Cinco de Mayo! Are you celebrating tonight? If you forgot about it, but still want to celebrate, you’re in luck. Today is also Thirty Minute Thursday, so I have a super simple, fast and easy recipe for you.
I make shrimp tacos often because it’s easy to stock shrimp in your freezer and it defrosts and cooks up so quickly. I like to pair the shrimp with some kind of fruit salsa– I’ve done peach and strawberry, but my favorite is mango. Today I’m switching up the taco routine and stacking everything on top of crispy corn tortillas.
Both mangoes and avocados have been perfectly ripe around here lately, so this was the perfect time of year to make these. I love that the cool, creamy avocado pairs perfectly with the spicy shrimp and bit of sweetness from the mango salsa.
My very favorite part of this meal is how colorful it is! Perfect for celebrating Cinco de Mayo, don’t you think? So pretty!
- 6 corn tortillas
- Olive oil
- 1 lb medium raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- ½ tbsp cumin
- ½ tbsp oregano
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 large avocados
- 2 large mangoes, peeled and diced
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 medium jalapeno, seeded and minced
- Juice of half a lime
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lay corn tortillas on baking sheets and brush each side liberally with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt.
- Bake tortillas until crispy, about 10 minutes, flipping over once halfway through.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tsp olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the shrimp, chili powder, cumin, oregano and cayenne. Season with salt, to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally, until shrimp is cooked through, about 5-7 minutes.
- Peel avocado, remove pit, and smash in a bowl with a fork. Season to taste with salt.
- In another bowl, toss together mango, tomato, jalapeno and lime juice.
- To assemble tostadas: Layer crispy tortillas with smashed avocado, mango salsa and shrimp.
- Serve immediately.
If you’re interested in some more 30 Minute Thursday meals, check out these recipes from my blogger friends today. Lots of good Cinco de Mayo dishes!
- 30-Minute Inside Out Enchiladas with Black Beans & Sweet Potato from She Likes Food
- Baked Honey Garlic Chicken from Pumpkin N’ Spice
- Chicken Taco Pizza from My Kitchen Craze
- Plantain and Black Bean Tacos with Chimichurri Sauce from Floating Kitchen
- 20 Minute Ground Beef Tacos from Bake.Eat.Repeat
- Fish Tacos with Strawberry Avocado Salsa from Flavor the Moments
- Southwestern Kale Chickpea Salad with Greek Yogurt Caesar Dressing
- Honey Lime Chicken Quesadillas from The Recipe Rebel
- Tropical Grilled Chicken Mexican Salad Bowls from Whole and Heavenly Oven
- Mexican Quinoa and Sweet Potato Skillet from Kristine’s Kitchen
- Balsamic Grilled Chicken with Strawberry Mint Salsa from With Salt and Wit
- Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Tacos from Savory Nothings
Gayle @ Pumpkin 'N Spice says
I’ve never paired shrimp with a fruit salsa before, so I will have to try this! Looks perfect for an easy meal, Jess! I love the zesty shrimp and avocados…yum!
[email protected] The Well Floured Kitchen says
Mango salsa is the best! I bet it tastes amazing with the spicy shrimp. This looks is fresh and delish, perfect for summer (and Cinco De Mayo)!
I love mango salsa with my seafood…or just chips for that matter! These tacos look delicious, Jess, and would be perfect for dinner tonight!
Ashley - The Recipe Rebel says
Haha! Cinco de Mayo is totally not even on the brain. 30 Minute THursday, though — yes! These are such a fun quick meal!
Liz @ Floating Kitchen says
Oh I have a perfectly ripe mango in my refrigerator and some shrimp in my freezer. So I think this is totes happening tonight. Hooray!
Cyndi - My Kitchen Craze says
I’ve never had shrimp and mango together before, but your photos are making me crave these tostadas. They look delicious! I need to make these asap!
Natalie @ Tastes Lovely says
This sounds DELICIOUS! I love tostadas. And especially love mango.
Denise @ Sweet Peas & Saffron says
These tostadas are calling my name! I love mango and avocado together…and with the spicy shrimp, it sounds amazing!
Rachelle @ Beer Girl Cooks says
I love shrimp tacos! And mangoes! And avocados! It looks like I’m in luck with your yummy Cinco de Mayo shrimp taco celebration!
Definitely! Thanks, Rachelle!
Stacey @ Bake.Eat.Repeat. says
I’ve never had tostadas before but I always think they look so good. Definitely need to try them. These ones look so good, shrimp and mango are two of my favourite things!
Thanks, Stacey! They were really yummy!
[email protected] says
Oh my goodness, these tostadas look SO dang awesome, Jess! All that mango + guac goodness is absolutely calling my name!!
Shelby @ Go Eat and Repeat says
This is totally perfect for Cinco De Mayo! I love all those different flavor and texture combos in this dish. Plus add shrimp to anything and I’m in 😉