These Veggie-Packed Peanut Noodles are a great quick and easy weeknight vegetarian meal that can be made in under 30 minutes! They taste decadent but you can feel good about getting in lots of veggie servings!
Can you guys believe it’s already 30 Minute Thursday again? Seems like yesterday that we kicked off this series with September’s roundup. September sure did fly by. And now that we’re getting into the holiday season, things are about to get real. Everyone could use a little extra free time, so why not free some up with quick and easy dinner ideas? 30 Minute Thursday to the rescue!
I was home alone a lot this month, and when that happens I don’t always make the best food choices. When I don’t have to cook dinner for anyone else, I usually don’t cook it for myself either. Chips and hummus is perfectly acceptable dinner, right? Or cereal? Or… ice cream?
I kinda needed to save myself, so I wanted to make something with tons of veggies packed in. Give me some nutrients! These Peanut Noodles were the perfect vehicle for lots of healthy stuff. The sauce is creamy and decadent, but it doesn’t feel so bad when you’re eating lots of veg. Rice noodles are perfect for this dish, but if you can’t get your hands on any you could definitely use regular linguini. Just cook it according to the box directions (and not the soaking method you use for rice noodles).
- 8 oz rice stick noodles
- 1 tbsp sesame oil (not toasted)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup sliced green onion, plus extra for serving
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- Chopped peanuts, for serving
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Place noodles in a large bowl or pot. Pour boiling water over top and let sit according to package directions (about 5-10 min) until soft. Drain and set aside.
- Heat sesame oil in a large saute pan or wok over high heat. Add garlic, broccoli, pepper, and green onion and stir fry until beginning to soften, about 5 minutes. Add carrots and cabbage and continue stir frying 3-4 minutes until just barely softened.
- Reduce heat to medium and add ground ginger, honey, peanut butter, soy sauce, rice vinegar and sriracha. Stir until combined, veggies are evenly coated and sauce is heated through. Add rice noodles to the pan and stir everything together to evenly coat.
- Serve topped with chopped peanuts, green onions and lime squeezed over top.
I loved these noodles and they were great served either hot or cold. They were perfect as main dish, but you could also serve them as a side dish alongside some chicken skewers or steak tips!
Check out these other amazing 30-Minute Meals from some of my favorite talented food bloggers!
Hazelnut Chicken One Pot Pasta by Bake. Eat. Repeat.
30-Minute Farro Fried “Rice” by Flavor the Moments
Cauliflower-Apple Fritters with Mixed Greens by Floating Kitchen
Roasted Sweet Potato and Arugula Pasta with Chickpeas by Kristine’s Kitchen
Alice Springs Shrimp Quesadilla by Maebells
Unstuffed Pepper Bake by Pumpkin ‘N Spice
Pan-Fried Gnocchi with Sun Dried Tomatoes and White Beans by Sweet Peas & Saffron
One-Pot Italian Chicken and Orzo Pasta by Whole and Heavenly Oven
And be sure to check back next month for more 30-minute goodness. What are your favorite quick and easy meals? I’m always looking for new ones, so let me know!