These Cinnamon Apple Brie Crostini are the perfect little fall-inspired appetizer for all your autumn gatherings– a sweet and salty snack for football Sundays, Halloween parties and Thanksgiving!
Oh, hey. It’s been like, 5 months huh? Yikes! To say we’ve been busy is kind of true, and kind of not. But it turns out that even when you’re not *really* busy, if you have a crazy toddler, you’re busy. All the time. And so, between deployment, homecoming, three family vacations (to Utah, Seattle and Cape Cod) and lots of other activities, I guess I’ve kind of fallen off the face of the planet.
But today I’m back, because today we are celebrating three of my favorite blogging friends and their soon-to-be-expanding families with a Virtual Baby Shower! Though I’ve somehow managed to take 5 months off from blogging, I’m so thankful to have these ladies, who I talk to almost every day, in my life to keep me motivated! Who are the lucky mom’s we’re celebrating today? Ashley from The Recipe Rebel, Denise from Sweet Peas and Saffron, and Kristine from Kristine’s Kitchen will all be welcoming their little bundles of joy very soon.
To celebrate the three little pumpkins, today we’re having a fall-themed baby shower. So come on and join us for some delicious autumn appetizers, snacks and desserts.
Since it’s still in the 90’s where I live (it was in the 100’s until just last week), I’m living fall vicariously through food. Bring on the pumpkin and apples. For today’s shower, I decided to make a fun little appetizer using on of my favorite things– Brie cheese! We all know I’m a sucker for the sweet and salty combo, and Brie pairs just perfectly with fruits.
This apple cinnamon topping is so yummy, and the perfect thing to get you in the fall spirit. Sweet, salty, crunchy and creamy. You’ve definitely got to try this one!
- 4 tbsp butter
- 4 apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 French baguette
- 1 small wheel (or wedge) Brie cheese
- Preheat the broiler on high.
- To make the apple topping, combine butter, apples, brown sugar and cinnamon in a small pot over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until apples are soft, about 7-8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice the baguette on an angle into ¼-inch slices. Lay the slices on a baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet in the broiler for 3-5 min, until the bread is just starting to brown. Keep a close eye on them so they don't burn. Remove from oven.
- Slice the brie into ⅛-inch thick slices, about the length of the baguette slices. Lay the brie slices on the baguette.
- Place the baking sheet back under the broiler for about 1 minute, until the Brie is just starting to melt. Remove from oven.
- Top each of the baguette slices with a spoonful of apple topping.
- Serve while warm!
Check out these other great fall-inspired snacks from today’s baby shower! And good luck to all our favorite moms!
- Roasted Butternut Squash Falafel Bites by She Likes Food
- Maple Walnut Twice Bake Sweet Potatoes by Savory Nothings
- Buttermilk Pumpkin Donuts by A Latte Food
- Easy Pumpkin Danish by Pumpkin N’ Spice
- Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes by Live Well Bake Often
- Pumpkin Pie Crumb Bars by Bakerita
- Mini Apple Crisps by Life Made Sweeter
- Spicy Apple-Tomato Salsa by Floating Kitchen
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Bread Pudding by Whole and Heavenly Oven
- Apple Pie Bars by Bake.Eat.Repeat
- Honey Apple Butter Greek Yogurt Dip by My Sequined Life
- Butternut Squash Hummus with Spiced Pepitas by Flavor the Moments
And if you’re looking for more cheesy deliciousness, you might also want to check out this Salted Caramel Almond Baked Brie!