This Coconut Curry is packed with shrimp and lots of vegetables! It’s an easy, healthy meal that’s full of flavor, and a great way to pack more veggies into your life. We love easy meals with vegetables!
Is everyone out there still riding the New Years resolution train? Hopefully no one has fallen off quite yet. Sometimes it’s hard to subtract things from your life– personally, I could never give up dessert! But you know what’s pretty easy? Adding things! Healthy things. Like, veggies.
Though I didn’t make any official resolutions this year, I am always trying to add more fruits and veggies to my meals. I’m always thinking about easy meals with vegetables. Over the last year, we have been eating way more veggies and way less meat than we used to. And the meatarian hubby hasn’t even complained! In fact, lately he’s been even more on board and has been requesting extra veggies and salads.
My trick to keeping veggies delicious is to smother them in a really delicious, flavorful sauce with lots of spices and seasonings. One of the best ways to do that? Curry! Bonus points that curries are one of hubby’s favorite meals.
Chopping veggies can take some time, but I have a solution for that too. Pre-cut frozen veggies! Frozen veggies are just as healthy as fresh, and since they’re already chopped they’re so easy to use. I picked up some C&W Premium Frozen Vegetables at Walmart and used them in this curry. It made the recipe prep super quick!
The curry came out delicious! You could easily leave out the shrimp if you wanted to make this a vegetarian meal, or you could use chicken instead if you’re not into seafood. You could also mix up which veggies you use– why not add some carrots or green beans!
Make sure you add C&W Vegetables to your shopping list and don’t forget to take advantage of the $.50 off of 1 package of C&W vegetables Ibotta coupon good at select Walmart stores. (while supplies last)
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 tbsp yellow curry powder
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp ground cayenne
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 (14 oz) pkg frozen broccoli florets
- 2 cups frozen bell pepper strips
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 16 oz frozen shrimp (peeled, deveinened and tail-off)
- 2 cups cooked rice, for serving
- Fresh cilantro, for serving
- Lime wedges, for serving
- In a bowl, whisk together coconut milk, curry powder, ginger, garlic and cayenne. Season with salt and pepper. (Note: some curry powders contain salt, some do not, so taste before adding salt.) Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large saute pan or dutch oven over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until beginning to soften, about 5 minutes. Add the frozen vegetables and shrimp, and cook, stirring occasionally, until most of the liquid is cooked out (a little bit left in the pan is OK), and shrimp are cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Pour the sauce into the pan and stir to coat veggies and shrimp. Bring to a simmer and cook 5 minutes, stirring. Taste and adjust salt and pepper, if needed.
- Serve over rice, topped with fresh cilantro and lime wedges!
Do you have any go-to easy meals with vegetables? What’s your favorite way to make veggies fun?