Marshmallows, semi-sweet and white chocolate chips stud these perfectly chewy cookies that have hot cocoa mix baked right into the dough. Add them to your Christmas baking list!
Merry Christmas Eve and Happy 12th Day of Christmas Cookies!
On the 12th day of cookies, my oven gave to me:
Twelve Hot Cocoa Cookies,
Eleven Classic Spritz,
Ten Fruitcake Cookies,
Nine Sea Salt & Almond Shortbreads,
Eight Anise Drops,
Seven Candy Cane Cookies,
Six PB&J Thumbprints,
Fiiiiiiive Mint Meringues,
Four Ginger Molasses,
Three Bailey’s Chocolates,
Two Gingerbread Pudding,
And a Mint Chip Chocolate Cookie!
Twelve batches of cookies was definitely a bit more than I could handle. I’m cheating a little with today’s post. One of my friends actually made these for the cookie swap we went to the other night… but they were so good and by far my favorite, so I had to share them!
- 1 cup sugar
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- 2 sticks room temperature butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3¼ cups flour
- 4 packages Hot Cocoa Mix (or 8 tbsp)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using an electric mixer, beat together sugars and butter until fluffy. Add eggs & vanilla and continue beating.
- In another bowl, whisk together dry ingredients. Slowly add dry ingredients to the butter mixture. Add chocolate chips.
- Shape into 1 inch balls and drop onto a lined sheet. Bake 7-8 minutes, remove from oven and lightly press a few marshmallows in the top of each cookie. Return to oven and bake an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Let cool a few minutes on the pan, then transfer to wire racks.
Note: Photos updated 12-17-16. Original photo below.
Army Amy* says
The last of the cookies! You timed it perfectly. And these, like all the previous ones, look great! I hope you had a fantastic Christmas!*
Amy (Savory Moments) says
These cookies sound so good and really perfect for winter time! I love hot chocolate. Happy Holidays!