These spicy Buffalo Chicken Bites are a great as a party appetizer or to bring to your next potluck. Buffalo chicken, celery and blue cheese dip– all in one bite!
Welp, I’m officially poor. The airlines have cleaned me out. I guess I can’t really complain about it– I have tons of fun travel coming up this summer– but holy smokes, plane tickets are expensive. Not to mention how hard it is to book flights these days. I feel like I get sucked into a time warp, and hours later I resurface from checking Kayak, Orbitz, and every airline in business’s websites.
In the past two days I booked 6 plane tickets and I think I lost about 5 hours of my life doing so. Ha! I’m actually kind of surprised they haven’t shut off my credit card yet. Or that it hasn’t spontaneously combusted.
One of the flights is on a plushy 8-passenger Cessna. Ironically enough, it was the cheapest of all the flights. I’m pretty terrified about that one, though. My hubby, my sister and lots of my good friends are pilots… and yet I’m 98% sure I’m going to die on that tiny little death trap. Eeek. I hope they serve wine.
Summer is a time for lots of parties, BBQ’s and potlucks (at least half of my travel this summer is for just such occasions). I find myself making lots of appetizers, snacky and bite-sized foods to share. Since I loooove buffalo chicken, this is a really great one. It’s super easy, too!
I love that you get your buffalo chicken, celery and blue cheese all in one bite. It’s a classic flavor combo, but so much less messy than wings. These can be made ahead of time and are great either chilled or at room temperature.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb chicken tenderloins, cut into 1-inch pieces
- ½ cup buffalo sauce (I like Frank's RedHot)
- 5 celery stalks, cut into ½-inch pieces
- ½ cup blue cheese dressing
- 2 tbsp blue cheese crumbles (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add the chicken and cook until browned and cooked through, about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and transfer chicken into a large bowl. Pour in buffalo sauce and toss to coat. Let cool until cool enough to handle.
- When the chicken is cool, skewer one piece of celery and one piece of chicken onto a toothpick. Repeat with remaining chicken and celery.
- Serve with blue cheese dressing (topped with blue cheese crumbles if you like extra cheese!).
What are your favorite easy apps to serve at BBQ’s and potlucks?!