Happy Monday! Hope everyone had a super fabulous weekend. If you want to win some holiday shopping moula, stay tuned. I have another great giveaway going on!
This weekend we finally got around to putting up our Christmas tree and all our lights and decorations. It was a festive weekend and now I’m 100% in holiday mode. Bring on the Christmas music!
We also attempted to take a family picture for our Christmas card. This was no easy task with our easily distracted mutt and little miss grumpy cat. After lots of attempts, we finally got a few decent ones.
Ironically, after all the effort to get the perfect picture, we ended up using one of the funny outtakes for our Christmas card! I figured if I’m going to subject my friends to displaying me and my pets up on their fridges, might as well add a little humor to it. After I send out all my cards I’ll share the winner!
Anywho, continuing on with a little more holiday baking!! These little cakes are so moist, almost like a bread pudding. The sweet persimmon and spice flavors are perfect for the season. They could pass as dessert or breakfast (I’m pretty sure cake for breakfast during the holidays is totally legit). I definitely ate a few with my morning coffee. Busted.
Hurry up and try these while persimmons are still in season!
- 2 cups pureed persimmons (about 4-5 persimmons)
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- Pinch ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Use a food processor or blender to puree persimmons (stems removed) into a smooth pulp.
- In a bowl, whisk together persimmon puree, eggs, coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, soda, salt and spices.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and stir until just combined.
- Scoop batter evenly into about 18 non-stick sprayed muffin cups (fill about ¾ full).
- Bake 20-25 minutes, until cakes are set.
- Let cool in muffin tins 10 minutes, then transfer to wire racks.
- Serve warm or cool.
Now… how about winning some money!? Just in time for your holiday shopping, I have partnered with some of my blog friends to bring you another awesome giveaway.
Check out some of their blogs, then enter to win $300 in Amazon cash using the widget below!! Good luck!
Bites of Bri
Flavor the Moments
Live Well Bake Often
My Sequined Life
Olives and Garlic
Pumpkin ‘N Spice
Sweet & Delish
Sweet Peas and Saffron
The Recipe Rebel
The Well Floured Kitchen
Whole and Heavenly Oven
And if you have leftover persimmons… be sure to check out these Persimmon Tarts!!